Rhinoplasty Specialist

Rhinoplasty can correct a broken nose or can improve a nose that isn't aesthetically pleasing. Dr. Robert A. Guida, a facial plastic surgeon in the New York, NY area, can correct nose issues in a natural looking way.

Rhinoplasty Q & A

by Robert A. Guida, MD

How is the Rhinoplasty Operation Done?

Rhinoplasty is typically performed while the patient is under either twilight anesthesia or light general anesthesia. The entire operation generally takes only around an hour and a half. In 70 percent of his rhinoplasty surgeries, Dr. Guida creates small incisions inside the nose. This means that there are no external incisions or scarring. In the remaining 30 percent of rhinoplasty surgeries, a small incision is created on the bottom of the nose where it is easily concealed. In most cases, Dr. Guida does not use nose packing, which means an easier recovery. Usually, a nasal splint will be placed at the top of the nose and worn for 5 or 6 days.

What is Revision Rhinoplasty?

Revision rhinoplasty is a corrective surgery for people who have undergone rhinoplasty in the past. This surgery is ideal for people who didn't get the results they wanted from a past rhinoplasty.

What is Nasal Reconstruction?

Nasal reconstruction is a surgery that is designed to correct defects or a loss of function in the nose. This surgery may be needed because trauma to the nose caused serious damage or because the patient has a growth that must be excised.

What is a Nasal Fracture?

A nasal fracture is a break within either the bone or the cartilage. This is often repaired during a rhinoplasty.

What is the Recovery From Rhinoplasty Like?

After the surgery, a small splint will be put in place. This splint is worn for 5 to 6 days. Once that time is up, the nose will look much better, although a small amount of swelling may still be seen. Most people are comfortable returning to their usual routine after about a week. For the swelling of the tip and sides of the nose to completely dissipate, it may take up to 9 months. Patients can return to strenuous activity after 4 to 6 weeks.

Testimonials

Words from our patients

  • Google+

    " All my office visits/surgery appointments have been handled with the utmost, gentle care over the past twenty years. I would recommend Dr. Guida without hesitation."

    Alayne B.
  • Google+

    "My experience with Dr. Guida was amazing. From the moment I met him, I knew I wanted him to be my doctor."

    Rebecca C.
  • Google+

    "Dr. Guida is a amazing surgeon in New York. I had functional and cosmetic work done to my nose; now I breathe so much better and my nose looks amazing and natural."

    Ronel R.
  • Yelp

    "I had the best experience with Dr. Guida and his staff. They went above and beyond at every visit to make sure I was comfortable, and knew exactly what had to be done."

    Rebecca Z.
  • Healthgrades

    "I had rhinoplasty/septoplasty and sinus surgery with Dr. Guida a few years ago. He was fantastic and I am very happy with my results."

    Anastasia E.
Our Locations

Choose your preferred location