Fractional CO² Laser Skin Resurfacing
Time, gravity and excess sun exposure can cause deepening of facial lines and uneven pigmentation. This gives an older, tired look to an otherwise youthful complexion. Laser skin resurfacing can reduce, and often remove, much of this damage to the skin and literally “turn back the clock”, giving the tired looking, sun damaged face an entirely new, fresh look with healthy, glowing smooth skin. This is the goal of laser resurfacing.
The UltraPulse CO² laser has long been recognized as the gold standard of laser resurfacing systems. Dr. Guida has successfully performed thousands of treatments with this laser for almost two decades, helping to eliminate deep lines, fine lines, and dark age spots on the face. This laser works amazingly well, offering consistently excellent cosmetic results.
Now, thanks to a new technology known as “fractional laser resurfacing”, the UltraPulse laser’s cosmetic results have become even better, utilizing only a single treatment with a dramatically reduced downtime, frequently a week or less.
The UltraPulse Encore CO² laser offers two major resurfacing tools, the ActiveFX and DeepFX. The Active FX works well for eliminating fine lines and wrinkles, brown spots and pigment irregularities. The DeepFX helps eliminate deep lines, facial scars, acne scars, and improves the overall texture of the skin. Dr. Guida uses both components simultaneously, enhancing the overall result. The goal of fractional laser treatments is simple: replace damaged skin with new, fresh skin. The primary targets of the ActiveFX and Deep FX include:
- fine lines and wrinkles of the face, especially the upper lip, cheeks, and forehead
- crow’s feet around the eyes
- vertical deep lines of lips (smoker lines) and frown lines
- brown spots and splotchy uneven skin tone
- acne scars and other facial scars
- additionally, for the first time the CO² laser can safely be used to treat loose skin, wrinkles and pigment irregularities on the neck, chest, and hands.
- can be simultaneously with a face and neck lift so the loose skin can be tighten surgically and at the same time the skin surface can be rejuvenated!
The UltraPulse Active FX and Deep FX laser can be used simultaneously with a surgical face-neck lift. Now the loose skin and muscle of the neck and face can be tightened below the skin surface surgically while simultaneously performing the Active FX and Deep FX CO² laser resurfacing.
This allows for dramatic improvement of the tone and texture of the skin and tightening in the epidermis and dermis while at the same time obtaining the surgical tightening of the face-neck lift!
Prior to the Active and Deep FX fractional laser, treatment of the facial skin with the CO² laser had to be separated by several months before a face-neck lift could be performed.
Benefits of new Active FX and Deep FX CO² laser resurfacing:
- single treatment therapy
- minimal downtime, frequently a week or less
- dramatic results noticeable right away
- immediate collagen contraction
- reduce wrinkles and fine lines, and softens deeper frown lines
- noticeably improved skin tone and texture with more even pigmentation, reducing brown spots
- stimulates new collagen formation and plumbs the skin
- can treat neck, chest, and hands
- can be performed simultaneously with face-neck lift enhancing over all result; achieving total facial rejuvenation with one procedure
The results are dramatic and, with proper sun protection, can last for many years. Most effects of the treatment become visible right away. Additionally, there are long term benefits of new collagen formation and tightening of existing collagen and elastin molecules in the dermis.
This results in continued smoothing over time. Therefore, most people continue to show improvement up to six to twelve months after the procedure.
If you would like to know more about CO² Laser Skin Resurfacing, please call us at 212.871.0900 or Click Here to request an appointment.